Water Diet Benefits are known to all. Water diet is defined as a method of weight loss and is characterized by a strict diet. Because it is not allowed to eat any type of food and drink only water, but sometimes requires drinking water only for several days, and then eating fruits and vegetables when the weight begins to decrease, Other times Apple has taken the side of the water, so nutritionist Julie Upton called it fasting.
Benefits of water only diet
There are many benefits that lie behind doing a water jig, namely:
- The water diet works to cleanse and rid the body of toxins.
- it Helps to treat and regulate blood pressure and headaches.
- It Helps to protect the skin from wrinkles, delay signs of aging and helps to moisturize and maintain the temperature of the skin.
- It treats constipation, inflammation, and acidity of the stomach.
- It Helps rid the body of excess weight by dissolving the accumulated fat and prevents its accumulation again.
- It Limits the formation of stones in the kidneys and gallbladder, so patients with kidney stones or gallbladder are advised to drink plenty of water and fluids.
- It Reduces the feeling of hunger which helps to reduce eating and weight loss.
- It Helps people with high cholesterol in the blood.
Risks of water only diet
The following points address some of the risks that may result from following the water diet:
- The possibility of losing the wrong weight, because of the restriction of water to calories, which works to lose weight as fast as about 0.9 kg per day, and may be of this weight of muscle mass, water, and carbohydrates.
- If you continue to drink the same amount of water as before dieting, 20-30% of your body’s water intake will be absorbed from foods.
- The risk of hypotension, which results in the sudden stop of the person, and thus the feeling of dizziness or fainting.
- Waterlogging may increase the severity of certain diseases, requiring consultation with your doctor before it is applied, including gout, diabetes, eating disorders, chronic kidney disease, and stomach burning.
Conditions to be followed in water diet
One of the conditions that must be observed when following the water diet is the following:
- Must be committed to drinking water before breakfast half an hour or water will be useless.
- Eat three basic diets without too much or too much.
- Avoid eating between the three meals and replace them with water.
- When you feel thirsty, drink water before meals or meals for half an hour.
- Try to stay as far as possible from eating foods rich in calories and fatty foods that contribute to weight gain.
Other tips about water diet
When following the water diet, you must pay attention to the following points for the best results:
- Exercise or physical activity, as well as drinking hot water, which helps to lose weight more.
- It is better to lose weight at a rate of about half a kilogram to about one kilogram per week because losing weight fast means that the person loses water and muscle mass in the body and not fat.
- Children should also be particularly encouraged to drink water because this will help them avoid overweight or obese in the future.
Relevant article: what is the best food for sex drive?