There are great benefits of sesame seeds for skin and hair especially, It contains Vitamins and minerals that make them has great importance to humans as we will learn in today’s article.
Great Benefits of sesame seeds
There are amazing benefits of sesame seeds as follows:
- Treatment of rickets in children: Early research suggests that eating high-calcium foods in the diet, including sesame seeds, will effectively improve rickets in children.
- A good source of protein: Sesame seeds contain 5 grams of protein, so they are considered the right food for vegetarians looking for plant foods containing protein, for example, can mix tahini and ground sesame seeds paste with chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice to prepare gums Rich in protein and all the essential amino acids that the body can not produce on its own.
- Source of Vitamin B: Sesame seeds are the source of many B vitamins, which contribute to the maintenance of red blood cells, metabolism of energy production in the body, and Sesame also contains many other vitamins such as: magnesium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, Selenium, copper and zinc. These minerals are essential for supporting bone health, developing red blood cells and their functions, as well as strengthening the body’s immunity and fluid balance in the body.
- Prevention of infection: Sesame seeds contribute to the protection of the body from infection in hospitals, especially in developing countries, because they contain antimicrobial substances and germicide.
- Sesame oil reduces high blood pressure significantly compared to pressure medication because it is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, cisamasin, and vitamin H.
- Sesame contains many antioxidant lignans, which play an important role in protecting fat molecules, which include bad cholesterol (LDL) from oxidation and damage, which is a cause of atherosclerosis, and it maintains tissue The body works to protect it.
- Anti-oxidants in sesame fight free radicals that are formed when exposed to ultraviolet rays, which cause many skin damage, such as sunburn, wrinkles and skin cancer. Studies have found that the external use of vitamin E or its protection protects the skin from changes that cause cancer, And found that the external use of sesame oil with turmeric and milk on the face gives skin smooth and smooth and works to remove pimples.
- Sesame seeds contain high amounts of dietary fiber, which give the body many health benefits, such as lowering the level of cholesterol and lowering the risk of high cholesterol, and stimulate the sense of satiety, which can contribute to control of weight, and maintain the health of the digestive system, and reduce the risk of infection Heart disease, obesity and other chronic diseases.
- Sesame can play a role in fighting cancer: Sesame gives many B vitamins that play many roles in the body, such as the manufacture of red blood cells, energy production in the body, and other important functions.
- Sesame is a good source of protein.
- Sesame is used in folk medicine to treat constipation.
Sesame butter benefits (tahini)
There are many benefits of sesame butter benefits as follows:
- Prevention of Arthritis In a study of patients with osteoarthritis, a group of patients was given glucosamine and Tylenol twice daily, while the other group was given two tablespoons of Tahini per day. Positive outcomes were better and did not suffer from the negative effects associated with ethanol intake.
- Enhancing bone health: The high magnesium content found in tahini maintains bone health, increases its density and effectiveness, and protects against osteoporosis, especially in women after menopause.
- Enhancing the immunity of the body: The food found in the tahini works to strengthen the immune system, which includes zinc, iron, copper, and selenium.
- Prevention of some types of anemia: Because it contains the element iron and vitamin B group, it plays a key role in the prevention of anemia and neural tube defects that affect the fetus during pregnancy.