Cranberries are a fruit whose benefits are varied making them useful in food as well as in medicinal products. Its name refers to the Latin macrocarpon and it is one of the native fruits of North America.
Cranberries contain a huge amount of antioxidant capacity compared to other fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and apple. One cup of cranberries offer a total of 8983 antioxidant capabilities.
cranberries benefits for health
there are many cranberries benefits for health as follows:
Cranberry juice has long been used to treat various diseases. Some of the health benefits of cranberries include:
- Cardiovascular health: Cranberry juice can help reduce the risk of heart disease-related and help maintain cardiovascular health. The flavonoids found in cranberries have antioxidant properties and can reduce the risk of atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is a disease that narrows the arteries due to the accumulation of fat and calcium, found in the cholesterol level in the blood. This hampers oxygen-rich blood flow to different parts of the body and can lead to fatal consequences such as heart attacks and strokes. These compounds have been shown to delay and prevent oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and stimulate the utilization of platelets.
- Prevents tooth decay: According to new research studies, cranberry juice prevents dental tooth decay, a chemical compound present in cranberries, and prevents harmful bacteria from sticking to teeth. These ingredients prevent the production of acid and protect teeth from periodontal disease by preventing the growth of sediment. Good oral hygiene, along with cranberry consumption, disrupts the pathogenic mechanism of tooth decay and generally makes for good dental health. At the same time, one should watch out for the sugar content and high acidity of some commercially available cranberry juices – natural juice is always better!
- Cure colds: Fresh cranberry juice is effective in fighting diseases. It cures a sore throat and colds.
- Good for obesity: Cranberry juice is rich in organic acids, which have an emulsifying effect on fat deposits in the body. So, it’s good for people who want to get rid of those extra pounds.
- Avoiding respiratory infections: According to studies conducted, cranberry juice helps to prevent certain strains of influenza A, which is a common cause of ear infections and respiratory diseases in children. Juice prevents hair structures like bacteria, discouraging them from joining the surface of the skin
- Kidney stones: A high amount of acid components found in cranberry juice prevents the formation of kidney stones
- Prevents cancer: Cranberries contain Proanthocyanidins, which inhibit the growth of various cancer cells. Studies have suggested that diets rich in flavonoids play a key role in reducing the risk of cancer and cancer mortality. Cranberry juice contains anti-cancer components that interfere with the growth of cancer cells, especially those that are associated with colon and prostate cancer. According to studies, It can stop small tumors from developing countries in the blood vessels. Regular consumption of cranberry juice prevents the rapid growth of tumors. The chemicals in cranberries also prevent the proliferation of breast cancer cells.
- Strengthens bones and teeth: Although cranberry juice is a natural source of calcium, many juice companies add extra calcium to cranberry juice. Natural or otherwise, calcium reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Pneumonia: Anti-inflammatory effects of cranberry juice have been shown to be effective against the inflammation caused in the lungs of influenza virus.
- The benefits of anti-aging: Scientists The US Department of Agriculture’s Human Research Center suggests that the wealth of plant nutrients and antioxidants found in cranberries play a vital role in providing protection against problems that develop with age such as memory loss and lack of coordination. Cranberries have many therapeutic properties that protect cells from damage caused by unstable particles called free radicals that contribute to aging, making the skin look younger.