Vitamin D is a vital vitamin for the health of the body and mind. It can be obtained in many ways: sun exposure daily for 10 to 15 minutes, or supplements and foods high in vitamin D. These foods supply the body with the vitamin mentioned above.
Benefits of vitamin D for skin
- Rejuvenates skin cells and becomes more energetic and youthful. Psoriasis treatment.
- Vitamin D is useful in the treatment of stretch marks, burns, and various skin injuries because it has anti-inflammatory properties, so it is often added to different creams.
- Prevents the appearance of wrinkles and signs of aging on the skin because it contains substances that have anti-oxidant properties.
Healthy benefits of vitamin D
- Maintains bone health; intestinal helps absorb phosphorus and calcium.
- This vitamin prevents the inflammation of the joints of the body.
- Protects older people from exposure to Alzheimer’s, where they are more likely to have the disease when their vitamin is deficient.
- Preventing the development of cancer cells colon cancer according to preliminary studies that dealt with this subject.
- Energizes the immune system.
- Reduces blood pressure levels for high pressure patients.
- Treatment of depression.
- It affects positively the health of the fetus as it maintains its respiratory system and protects it from diseases affecting the respiratory system such as asthma and shortness of breath. When the fetus is born, eating a pregnant woman with foods containing vitamin D is necessary.
Benefits of vitamin D for hair
- Stimulates hair follicles on growth.
- Prevents hair from falling off and increases its density.
- Reduces stress and depression associated with hair loss.
- It enters the hair growth cycle and helps to regulate it, which is why it has the potential to stimulate hair growth.
The sources of vitamin d
Egg yolk provides about 7% of the body’s total daily intake of this vitamin, equivalent to 40 IUs.
Most mushrooms contain a good proportion of vitamin D. Shiitake is one of the most common types of mushrooms containing vitamin, especially dried fruits under the sun.
Under the caviar are two types of red and black, the first type is the eggs extracted from salmon, while the second type is extracted from sturgeon, both types characterized by a high proportion of vitamin D.
Full-fat milk is high in vitamin D, as well as other important components of bone health, such as calcium, which enhances its strength and prevents it from becoming vulnerable.
- Ricotta cheese
Most types of cheese and milk products contain a certain amount of vitamin D, especially ricotta cheese, which contains five times the amount found in other types of cheese.
- fortified grains
The fortified grains are foods that contain vitamin D and can be taken with plain milk or fortified soy milk, while the grains should not contain high sugar content.
- Fresh liver
Eating a hundred grams of liver provides the body with vitamin needs, along with other nutrients such as proteins and vitamin A.
Oysters are a good source of vitamin D, as well as vitamin B12, essential to nerve health, increased concentration, and other nutrients such as selenium and zinc.
Relevant article: 15 different kind of fat burn foods in this article